Assistant Store Manager (Retail)
The Store Manager is the general supervisor and administrator of the store. The PIC Boutique is one of the most noticeable operations of the organization and functions as an integral part of the organization’s funding. The manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the store, training of staff and volunteers, and general merchandiser. The ideal candidate is comfortable
working with the general population, willing to learn and teach, and be at ease leading others. As a general rule, the retail store is open during most retail holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise 2-3 staff members and 70-80 volunteers.
- Organize all store operations and assign responsibilities to staff and volunteers.
- Create work schedules for staff and volunteers.
- Train, coach, and supervise staff towards maximum performance.
- Receive donations (merchandise) and assign appropriate price for resale.
- Address complaints & concerns from customers to maintain the store’s reputation.
- Plan and oversee in-store and online promotional events.
- Manage the online resale opportunities.
- Conduct daily and monthly register reconciliation reports.
- Prepare deposits; ensure change bank and petty cash are available.
- Analyze sales and revenue reports and make forecasts.
- Assist with event organization, planning, and execution.
- Ensure the store fulfills all legal health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and orderly store both in the front and back of the house.
- Be an active partner with management regarding growth strategy & opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Have a creative and strategic mindset.
- Proven 2+ years of experience as retail manager.
- Knowledge of retail management best practices.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizing and leadership skills.
Direct Reports: Assistant Managers and Retail Volunteers
Reports To: Director of Operations
This is a full time (FT) salaried position.
This position is eligible for benefits.
Salary is commensurate with experience.